I've been given a life of luxury: my own room, my own bathroom, and even Wi-Fi. The best part is that I've gained instantly 2 new parents and 5 brothers and sisters (Michael, don't get jealous - they have big shoes to fill). The youngest is 20 and the oldest is 28, each living at home and simultaneously working/studying. My family is welcoming and engaging; I already feel very comfortable here. The house is situated in Recoleta, a nice neighborhood in downtown Buenos Aires (BA), which is within walking distance of many places.
Ironically, today was El Dia de los Amigos (Friends' Day) and it's official: I presently have no friends in BA outside of my family. That makes me chuckle a little. I don't feel bad; I'm just stating the facts. This will change of course, as will a lot more.
21 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment